Local and Regional “In Bloom” Awards
At the last session of Belper Town Council, there was a presentation of awards for East Midlands in Bloom and Belper in Bloom.
Belper in Bloom is the local version of the regional and national In Bloom Awards, which are judged by the Royal Horticultural Society.
In the East Midlands In Bloom competition, Belper won Gold in the Large Town Category, with the following additional awards:
- Silver Award to the White Hart, Bargate for Best Hotel/Pub Garden
- Silver Gilt Award to Mrs. Lees for the Frank Constable Best Residential Garden
- Judges Award to St Peters Church Community Garden for their dedication and hard work
- EMIB Award to the Memorial Gardens for the Best New Permanent Landscape (Sacrifice)
Belper was not chosen amongst the Britain in Bloom finalists. In fact there are no finalists from Derbyshire, despite the county recieving multiple Gold awards.
The local awards are judged by the Belper in Bloom group. These are the winners:
RHS East Midlands In Bloom Awards
- Judges Award to St. Peter’s Community Garden Group
- Best Hotel/Pub Garden or Display: Silver Award to the White Hart
- Frank Constable Best Residential Garden Category: Silver Gilt Award to Mrs. Lees
- Best New Permanent Landscape: Award to Sacrifice by Andy Mayers
Belper In Bloom Awards
- Best Front Garden: Winner – Mrs. Lees
- Best Front Garden: Runner Up – Mr. Brierley
- Best Commercial Property: Winner – Milford Social Club
- Best Commercial Property: Runner Up – The Holly Bush Inn
- Best Hanging Basket: Winner – Gillian Thompson
- Best Hanging Basket: Runner Up – Mrs. Lees
- Best Public House: Winner – The Holly Bush Inn
- Best Public House: Runner Up – The Bulls Head, Belper Lane End
The certificates were presented by Mayor Simon Mallett, along with some gifts of planters and bulbs. Not everyone who won was able to collect their awards. Nailed was there to photograph those who were present.
GDPR, Your Data and Us: https://nailed.community/gdpr-your-data-and-us/