With a new season approaching at the Heage windmill the Windmill Society are again seeking volunteers to join their dedicated team.
The 230 year old windmill is open to the public at the weekends from April to October.
There are a variety of tasks needed to make this happen and they need a good pool of people to provide cover for their current team.
They are looking for people of all ages to partake in a variety of different roles. Volunteers should enjoy interacting with others and may be asked to act as shop workers in the visitor centre, tour guides around the mill and potentially even a miller.
Training will be provided, as appropriate, and they have two training days at the mill coming up shortly.
The first will take place Saturday 18th March 10-00 am to about 12noon whilst the Sunday event is on the 26th from 2-00 until 4-00pm.
Anyone who already enjoys the mill, or maybe is just interested in keeping an ancient piece of machinery working is welcome to come and join the group.
Contact Lynn on 01773 715 177, or just turn up at the mill on one the above dates and ask for her.
The windmill will be open during 2017 (11-00am to 4-00pm) every weekend from
Saturday April 1st until the end of October. (Formal opening event -Easter Saturday April 15th at 11-00am.)
Admission Charges for 2017
- Adults £4-00 Concessions including Gold Cards £3-50, Children (5-16) £2-00 (parents can buy one and get one free for children in the age group) Children under 5 are free.
- Organised Adult parties of up to 10 people -£50-00.
- For each additional person £5-00 is payable).
- School Parties and other children’s groups
- Standard charge of £40.00 for up to 30 people
See web site for more information www.heagewindmill.org.uk