The Neighbourhood Planning Referendum for the Crich Parish Neighbourhood Plan has been re-arranged for the 6 September 2018.
The original date was planned for the 19 July.
The question asked in the Referendum will be:
Do you want Amber Valley Borough Council to use the Neighbourhood Plan for Crich to help it decide planning applications in the neighbourhood area?
The Referendum Area is identical to the area that has been designated as the Crich Neighbourhood Plan Area which covers the parish of Crich. A map of the Referendum Area can be viewed by clicking here.
Are you eligible to vote?
You are entitled to vote in the Referendum if on 06 September 2018:
- You are registered to vote in local elections;
- The address at which you are registered to vote in a local election, as shown in the register of electors, is in the Referendum Area (assuming that you are entitled to be registered at the address); and
- You are 18 years of age or over on the day of the poll.
The Referendum will be conducted in accordance with the procedures which are similar to those used at local government elections.
Further information for voters can be viewed by clicking here.
What is a Neighbourhood Plan?
The Government describes a Neighbourhood plan as something which: “gives communities direct power to develop a shared vision for their neighbourhood and shape the development and growth of their local area.
“They are able to choose where they want new homes, shops and offices to be built, have their say on what those new buildings should look like and what infrastructure should be provided, and grant planning permission for the new buildings they want to see go ahead.”
A number of ‘Specified Documents’ which include the draft Neighbourhood Plan along with others outlining the Referendum process are listed below.
- Crich Parish Neighbourhood Plan;
- Report of the Independent Examiner;
- Summary of representations submitted to the Independent Examiner;
- An Information Statement that sets out general information about Town and Country Planning including Neighbourhood Planning and a Referendum; and
- A statement confirming the Local Planning Authority are satisfied the plan meets the ‘basic conditions’ and complied with the provision made by or under Section 38A and 38B of the 2004 Act.
Hard copies of the documents are available at the following locations:
| Amber Valley Borough Council
Town Hall, Market Place, Ripley
Derbyshire DE5 3BT
| 9am-4:30pm Mon, Tues, Thurs & Fri
| Alfreton Library
Severn Square, Alfreton
Derbyshire DE55 7BQ
| 9am-5pm Mon-Wed
9am-7pm Thurs & Fri
| The Glebe Field Centre
Glebe Field Road, Crich
Derbyshire DE4 5EU
For further information about the Crich Parish Neighbourhood Plan Referendum, including all background documents, then please contact the Elections Helpline on 01773 841632/841458 or email email@example.com.