Green Exchange Café – Saturday 23rd June
The June Transition Belper Café will be held at No 28 Community Hall, Market Place, Belper on Sunday 23rd June from 10.00 am to 1.00 pm.
The theme of the cafe will be ‘celebrating Belper Goes Green’ and members of Transition will be on hand should you want to talk about the event.
As usual there will also be tea, coffee and cakes to buy from the café, our book swap stall, a seed and seedling swap, eco cleaning products for sale, and the opportunity to find out more about our projects and Transition Belper’s aims and objectives.
Check out the Transition Belper Facebook page for updates.
Belper Goes Green
There are still several unclaimed prizes (90, 292, 298, 522, 471, 522, 700, 759, 799 at the time of writing – please check) from the programme prize draws held on the Friday, Saturday and Sunday of the festival.
The exchange will be your last chance to claim them so contact Transition Belper if you have a winning number or come down to the cafe to collect your prize.
Several item of lost property were found at the Rugby club. If you have lost any of the following please do let us know, they can also be collected at the Exchange.
- 2 x black plastic tennis bats
- Child’s white sunhat with cat face and pink ears
- Child’s pink umbrella with ears
- Baby’s pink and white sunhat with small bow
- Child’s(3-6) baseball cap, blue/green with blue star motif
- Child’s (7-10) lacy panama hat with coloured string band
- Nuby drinking mug with lid & mouthpiece, pineapple pattern
- Child’s((6-7) black cardigan
- Ladies (size 14) maroon cardigan with mullticoloured buttons
- ONE sandal, black, size 5 1/2
- Umbrella, collapsible spotted
- Small Euro flag/pennant with 12 stars
- Plastic turtle, made from the bottom of a recycled water bottle & painted green
The tetra pak collection at last month’s Green Exchange was very successful and you will be able to recycle your tetra paks at June’s Green Exchange as well.
Please note that the tetra pak bin will be situated at the back of No. 28, accessed via the path to the left of the steps. The bin will be unlocked on farmers’ market days and TB Green Exchange days. Please wash (or at least rinse out) the tetra paks before putting them in the bin; we have to load them into our cars to take them to the tip. Also, please squash them in order to save space.
There’s also the opportunity to get involved as Transition Belper are looking for volunteers to help out with the kitchen and café side of the day each month.
Anyone wishing to volunteer can contact them at firstname.lastname@example.org
GDPR, Your Data and Us: https://nailed.community/gdpr-your-data-and-us/