Support And Advice Available During Carers Week 2017
Carers can find support, information and advice at a number of events and drop-in workshops being held around the county for Carers Week 2017.
The national campaign runs from Monday the 12th of June to Sunday the 18th of June and aims to raise awareness of caring, highlight the challenges carers face and recognise the contribution they make to families and communities throughout the UK.
In Derbyshire the County Council are backing several events being run during Carers Week in partnership with Derbyshire Carers Association, who support around 16,000 carers in Derbyshire a year.
On Monday June 12th, from 9.30am-2pm, Derbyshire Community Health Services are holding an information drop-in session at Babington Hospital, Belper.
Other Events include:
- Tuesday 13 June 2017: 10am-12pm. Age UK information drop-in event âˆ’ Age UK Derby and Derbyshire office, 15 Morledge, Derby.
- Wednesday 14 June 2017: 11am-1pm. Relaxation and mindfulness for carers event hosted by disability charity, Umbrella. Hilton Village Hall, Peacroft Lane, Hilton.
- 11.30am-2.30pm. Derbyshire Carers Association bingo event with food and games. Mecca Bingo, Chesterfield.
- Thursday 15 June 2017: 1pm-3pm. Derbyshire Carers Association afternoon tea party with information stands, Reiki taster sessions and refreshments. Derbyshire Cricket Ground, Nottingham Road, Derby.
- Friday 16 June 2017: 10.30am-2.30pm. Derbyshire Community Health Service information drop-in event, main reception Ripley Hospital.
The Cabinet Member for Adult Care Councillor Jean Wharmby said:
“Carers play an invaluable role in today’s society and are thought to save the British economy around £119bn a year.
“It’s vital we make sure we’re looking after these unsung heroes and that they know where to go for support and advice.
“We hope people will use this opportunity to make useful connections, find out what’s available for them locally and pick up some handy hints and tips.”
Throughout the week there will be an information stand in the main reception of County Hall in Matlock where people can find details of local groups and services, benefits for carers, carers rights and the Derbyshire Carer Support Service.
More information is available about caring for someone and local support services and a full list of events.
GDPR, Your Data and Us: https://nailed.community/gdpr-your-data-and-us/